CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Reserve your Session. Make payment on orders. Purchase a Gift Certificate.

Current Info:

MY WEBSITE:
www.annecamillephotography.com.

My NEW BLOG: www.annecamillephotography.com/blog

If you are wanting a Spring Session, the month of April is filling UP fast, so get ahold of me to secure a date.

Also- so many more changes coming up for ACP so stay tuned!!! So much I am so excited about and can't wait to share!

Please email to check availability: info@annecamillephotography.com.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some of the Best Things $$$ Can't Buy...

I read a magazine article recently that was asking the question, "What is the best thing money can't buy?" and it really inspired me to get a list together! There are so many things everyday that are so simple, so easy and so WONDERFUL that cost absolutely NOTHING. So I've compiled my short list:

1). A supportive, helpful husband. Nothing is better than being gone and coming home and Sam has the kitchen in order, the clothes that were in the washer transferred to the dryer and the kiddos starting bath time. Such a great feeling!

wBrent Gifford 028

2). A good photograph. To be able to capture a moment in time is a gift to me.

b031
photo by JClare Studios

3). Actual quote from the article: "The kind of gut-busting, tears-streaming-down-your-face, bordering-on-hysteria laugther that still makes you giggle when you think of it days later." The hilarity of an inside-joke. Can't beat it!

b020

4). Conversations between my children. Here's a recent one. And keep in mind they've been watching a lot of Survivor with Daddy:
Cortland: "Kenz... you st-wabbed me in de back."
Kenzie-Lynn: "Bubby, you don't even know what you're talking about. That means like throwing you under the bus."
Madeline: "It's either throwing you UNDER the bus or OVER. Not sure which one. That's my inspiration (she meant 'explanation') for that."


waCollins Kids 187a

5). Listening to the rain. Watching flames in a fire.

waIMG_5273

6). My sons teeny tiny arms wrapped around my neck. He's so little and so squeezable!

b064
photo by JClare Studios

7). FRIENDS. To be supported, uplifted and share life experiences with my girlfriends... as a woman... that's an amazing feeling!

bGirls Night Big Creek

8). My kids filling in the blanks to a story I'm reading to them before bed.

b036
photo by JClare Studios

9). Laying on a beach. ANY beach.

wIMG_8554

10). Memories of childhood summer days. Building forts, riding bikes, swinging on swings, drinking lemonade, eating popsicles, falling asleep next to my sister with the windows open and the curtains blowing, running until I couldn't run any longer... being careFREE!

Yes... this is my cousin and I with CRIMPED hair!
00000004

11). A genuine thoughtful gesture from a stranger. It makes me feel that the world IS a great place!

12). The ending of a GREAT day- when my children are fast asleep and I know they are sleeping soundly dreaming sweet dreams.

wIMG_5838

wIMG_5835

13). With age comes a certain comfortability and security within myself. Can't explain it. Just know it's there.

14). Good manners and good decision making.

15). The comfort and security of my bed. Everything is how I want it: the mattress, the sheets, the pillows... completely relaxing! I love when we all cuddle up together on Saturday mornings.

b067
photo by JClare Studios

16). Hearing my favorite song at an unexpected time and singing it at the top of my lungs.

17). The feeling of acceptance. Knowing someone enjoys being around me and loves me for ME.

b012

18). Trusting someone. Knowing without a doubt I can trust someone with anything I may share with them.

wDewey Girls 053

19). Unconditional love.


20). Reminiscing with an old friend or family member.

College days:
b5

21). Getting a blog comment! Woohoo! :)

22). Seeing my family's smiling faces after they eat a meal I've cooked for them.

23). Learning something new for the first time. Something that apparently other people have known FOREVER. Like I just learned what SWAK meant two years ago! I'm a dork!

24). When my hair does what I WANT it to do!

25). Receiving a REAL hug. Not a flimsy-pat-on-the-back kinda hug. A REAL hug.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome post. Seriously awesome. I'm pretty sure that picture of you and Sam on the bed with the kids is one of the best I've EVER seen. I LOVE it. And in that picture with Laine(??), I'm not sure either of you could look any more like supermodels.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww!
    i love the pic of you and the kids and the grandparents. you look so pretty!

    awwwww

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that list!! It brought a tear to my eye. What does SWAK mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos! I love the comment about the kids conversation and throwing Cort under the bus :) I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz... Love you sweet girl. You have a gift for making people feel LOVED! Love you!

    Celeste... Thanks! You know the gut-busting quote was a shout out to you. You knew it didn't you? :) Love you!

    Laine... I LOVE YOU! And miss you! And can't wait to see you! And SWAK means Sealed With A Kiss.

    Jessica... Just a few more weeks and we'll be together. How'd you like the pic of us with our hair CRIMPED!!! We were the biggest dorks!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO GREAT. Love this post. Filed under "the best post ever list"...
    Sometimes you just have to make the time for a good post, huh?! Love it all.
    oh, there you are on messenger... gonna go now and tell ya hi ;) love ya!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

The images on this blog are the property of Anne-Camille photography.
Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Anne-Camille Collins.
If you would like to use the images for sites such as Myspace, Xanga, Facebook, etc.-- feel free!
Just please put a link back to this blog.
Thank you!

About Me

My photo
Mountain Home, AR, United States